Saturday, March 31, 2012

Favorite Baby Crochet

I have a lovey and talented Crafty Friend, Toni, who asked me about my favorite crochet patterns for babies.  Well, there are many, I must say, but I did manage to narrow it down to these few patterns and books. 

This book is new to me.  I found it in the local library and Wow!  I'm glad I did!  It is full of really fun and colorful baby things.


It is Little Crochet by Linda Permann.  There are some cute cardigans, bibs, blankies, and toys.  Yummy!



Here's a little glimpse from the back cover of the book.


This one is Crochet for Tots by Nancy Queen.  This is one of my truly all-time favs.  This shows girly items, but there are boy things, too!  I've made many things from this book and they work up easily and quickly and are so unique that they are instant heirlooms.


This is one of my favorite little cardigans.  You can see one of mine here


Isn't this set adorable?!  I have made the chapeau, but Sweet P. has outgrown it now.  This set may need to be on my list for this fall!


Oohhh, Candy Blankies by Candi Jensen...  I want, need to make EVERY blankie in this book!


See?  How fun is this one?  And you can make it any color combo your heart desires!  But there are soooo many blankies in here to choose from you won't be able to stop at just one!


This little book, Natural Crochet by Tina Barrett, focuses on projects using natural/cotton yarns.  It is full of sweet little projects like sweaters, blankies, pacifier holders, cute little diaper covers, a mobile, and even a sleeping sac.  But one of my favorites is this little shrug.  You'll have to scroll down, but it really is there! 


We have Soooo much fun going through yarn and pattern books!


And just in case you like to knit...  This is a goody, too.  Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Mellor. 


If you don't knit, then you will seriously want to after you drool over this book's pages!

I have to include a couple sites for you, too, as there are sooooo many awesome patterns available online. 

Ravelry is full of wonderful patterns, both free and for purchase.

Crochet Me is a site also full of inspiration and loads of how-to's if you get stumped.

My absolutely most favorite-est newborn blanket EVER is the Tiramisu Blanket by Alicia Paulson.  She has a beautiful blog and the link to the pattern is here.  Did I mention her blog is BeauTiFul?  Just scroll down and watch for the link on the right hand side of her blog.  OOooo, check out her Sunshine Day baby afghan, too while you're there!  (Drooling...).   Even if you don't crochet, just go visit her blog!  I promise you will want to move next door to her in hopes that some of her creative goodness will rub off onto you.  Ok, well, at least I do, lol.  Oh, and she does cross stitch patterns, too.  Her last kit is really tempting me.


Here is one of the sweet Tiramisu blankets that I made. (Just keep scrolling down...)   This one was actually made for Toni.

I hope this gives you lots of baby crochet ideas and inspiration.  Maybe even TOO much!

My Dear Hubby is patiently waiting for me to get outdoors with him to plan gardeny/landscapey things, so gotta go before he gives up on me!

Happy Weekend to you!

xo










2 comments:

  1. Lots of inspiration there Christina but I had to smile at the photo of your little 'helper'! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, oh! MUST...HAVE...BOOKS! I wrote them all down and will be checking my library! I'm overwhelmed with all the lovely ideas, Miss Christina! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing! And, of course, I already have the Tiramisu pattern AND just purchsed KnitPicks yarn to work it up in 'cause I really, really loved the one you made for Miss B! :) Toni

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...